NEW YORK–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Content Square, the global leader in digital experience analytics, today announced the close of a $600 million growth investment round, including $400 million in Series F shares and $200 million in dollars in debt financing, bringing total funding to $1.4 billion. The Series F investment is led by Sixth Street Growth, which joins new and existing investors Bpifrance, Canaan, Eurazeo, Highland Europe, KKR, LionTree, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, and funds and accounts managed by BlackRock. Many other Contentsquare investors also participated in the round. The credit facility includes contributions from BNP Paribas, Crédit Agricole Corporate & Investment Bank, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan and Société Générale. Since raising its $500 million Series E in May 2021, the company’s valuation has doubled to $5.6 billion.
Contentsquare will use the capital to increase investments in innovation, both organically and through mergers and acquisitions, support long-term growth in key markets, expand into new territories and make an impact more important in areas where it can really make a difference, including digital accessibility, privacy and sustainability.
With a total addressable market (TAM) of $34 billion, Contentsquare goes beyond traditional analytics to give brands unprecedented insight into the customer experience on their websites and apps. Its AI-powered engine analyzes trillions of digital customer interactions to surface critical insights that empower businesses of all sizes and across industries to create more human digital experiences and drive greater business growth.
Today’s investment validates the transformative power of the Contentsquare solution and the momentum generated by the company, including:
- Exponential growth: with several hundred million dollars in annual recurring revenue (ARR) and an annual revenue growth rate greater than 100%
- Massive expansion of the team: with a team of 1,500 people — including 430 in R&D — and 17 offices around the world
- Large clientele: with over one million customers worldwide across all verticals: retail, luxury, entertainment, telecommunications, travel, automotive, B2B and finance. Contentsquare now serves 1,000 enterprise customers, including 30% of the Global Fortune 100. Contentsquare customers include BMW, Breitling, Clarins, Decathlon, Giorgio Armani, Samsung, Sephora and Virgin Atlantic.
- M&A development: with a total of six acquisitions over the past three years to accelerate geographic, industry and product expansion
- Market expansion: with the 2021 acquisition of Hotjar, the leading SME product experience insights platform, to serve the end-to-end market (SME/Mid-Market/Enterprise)
- Acceleration of the multi-product strategy: one platform with five products – CS Digital to analyze web customer journey and content, CS for Apps to optimize mobile app experience, CS Find and Fix to detect errors and improve loading time, CS Merchandising for product and price analysis, and CS Insights which provides recommendations, benchmarking and scoring
- Focus on operational excellence: with the implementation of robust processes to accelerate data-driven strategic decisions and increase efficiency at all levels
- Accelerated customer insights: by analyzing 3.2 trillion customer interactions per month and $2.5 billion in transactions per day
- Investment in privacy: with the launch of the industry’s first Cookieless Analytics solution to build digital trust
- Commitment to impact and digital accessibility: through the Contentsquare Foundation, with the development of the free Readapt assistive technology and the financing of several initiatives to make the Web accessible to all
“This new round of investment is a testament to our team’s boundless ambition, which is focused on helping businesses of all sizes deliver more human digital experiences – experiences that are seamless, frictionless, rewarding and inspiring,” said Jonathan Cherki, CEO. and founder of Contentsquare. “We’re excited to continue our dedication to raising the standards of digital customer experience everywhere, and we believe this is just the beginning.”
“Contentsquare is uniquely positioned in the growing customer experience industry as it continues to provide customers with more advanced tools to scale their businesses and create deeper brand connections,” said Bo Stanley, Partner. and co-director of Sixth Street Growth. “We have tremendous confidence in Jonathan and his team, and are excited to join an incredible cohort of existing and new co-investors to support a company ready for its next phase of growth.”
Sixth Street chief executive Benjamin Johnston will join Contentsquare’s board of directors.
LionTree Advisors served as financial advisor to Sixth Street.
Contentsquare offers the power to make the digital world more human. Its AI-powered platform delivers rich, contextual insights into customer behaviors, feelings and intentions – at every touchpoint of their journey – enabling businesses to build empathy and create lasting impact . A global leader in digital experience analytics, Contentsquare helps brands around the world transform the way they do business, empowering them to act at enterprise scale and build customer trust through security, privacy and accessibility. More than 1,000 leading brands use Contentsquare to grow their business, deliver greater customer satisfaction, and scale with greater agility in an ever-changing world. Its information powers the customer experience on more than a million websites worldwide. Founded in Paris and with offices around the world, Contentsquare has raised $1.4 billion in investment funds from leading investors, including funds and accounts managed by BlackRock, Bpifrance, Canaan, Eurazeo , Highland Europe, KKR, LionTree, Sixth Street and SoftBank Vision Fund 2 . For more information, visit www.contentsquare.com
About Sixth Street
Sixth Street is a global investment firm with over $60 billion in assets under management and committed capital. Sixth Street Growth is the company’s dedicated platform for making private investments in growing businesses. The Sixth Street Growth team partners with companies and management teams to provide tailored accretive financing solutions to accelerate organic and inorganic growth. Sixth Street has invested more than $5 billion in more than 40 companies as part of its growth investing strategy since its inception. Some current and past representative Sixth Street Growth investments include Airbnb, AvidXchange, Datavant, Gainsight, Heap, MDLIVE, Spotify, and Sprinklr. For more information, visit www.sixthstreetgrowth.comand follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter (@sixthstreetnews) and Instagram (@sixthstreetpartners).