HARBOR SPRINGS – After debuting last year, Boyne HighlandsThe ever popular Enchanted Trail returns this winter for another season of nighttime snowshoe hikes – or just night walks – with a dimly lit wooded trail, bonfire, treats and hot drinks.
Tickets are required and quickly disappeared last year. This year, Boyne opens the trail a little earlier. It will open on December 10 and tickets can be reserved Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays until the end of February. Each evening will have multiple time slots, designed to limit trail traffic to small groups for a better experience.
The trail is actually a 2 mile round trip walk that starts at the resort’s Cross Country Center. People are invited to walk through the woods, following a luminous path of lights. Free hot chocolate and s’mores will be waiting for you at the halfway point, where a yurt will be set up as a rest stop, as well as a gathering area around a fire. Adult drink tickets can also be purchased in advance or on the day of the walk. A limited cash bar will also be available.
“You won’t want to miss this magical experience through the woods,” Boyne staff said. “Take a break in a scenic yurt that will feature s’mores, bonfire and hot drinks. An enchanting must-have for this winter season!
Here are the details – and some trail directions – of Boyne Highlands:
- From $ 15 per person
- Limited quantities of tickets are available per time slot to ensure the experience is magical and scenic.
- Children 3 and under can attend for free
- $ 10 adult drink tickets are also available on presale
Check-in and parking
- You will check in at the Cross Country Center, near the Main Lodge
- Inside, when checking in, you will receive a ticket giving you access to the trail
- Pre-purchased drink tickets will be given at check-in, with the option to purchase more if requested
- Parking is available near the cross-country ski center
Walking the trail
- Trail is approximately 1 mile each way, or 2 miles round trip
- Halfway through, you’ll come to a magically bustling yurt, where drinks are available, along with photo opportunities
- Once you are done visiting the yurt, you will turn around and return to the cross-country ski center in the same way to complete your hike.
- You can walk with or without snowshoes as the trail will be groomed most days
- Bring your own snowshoes or rent a pair from the cross-country ski center (advance reservations recommended)
- The approximate time is 25 to 30 minutes of walking each way, plus the time spent in the yurt. Allow an hour and a half for this experience
- Portable toilets will be available in the yurt area
- Dogs on a leash are acceptable, but guests are kindly requested to collect their four-legged friends from the trail and in the yurt area
- Halfway in the woods, you will find a yurt where drinks will be served
- Free hot chocolate and s’mores will also be available
- Drink tickets for adult drinks are available for $ 10 each if purchased in advance, which includes tip
- A limited cash bar will also be available on site
Heading to Boyne Highlands? Find out more about what’s new at this complex:
Take a peek inside Boyne Highlands’ new bedrooms as the resort transforms the main lodge